About Sandakphu & Phalut Trek:
Sandakphu is the highest point of West Bengal at 3636m in the district of Darjeeling. This trek follows the famous Singalila Ridge, a prominent spur of high ground that lies at the southern end of a long crest, which runs down from the Kanchendzongha massif and forms the border between Sikkim & Nepal. One of the unavoidable necessities of trekking in Himalaya is that the best views are had from high up but the trek along this ridge, passing through small settlements, is perhaps the one of the most scenically rewarding in the Himalaya. There are spectacular panoramic views of Kanchendzongha, Makalu, Everest, Lhotse, Janu (Kumbhakarna), Chamlang, Baruntse, Kabru, Pandim and a host of other peaks all seen in one stretch. The slopes are carpeted with red and pink Rhododendrons. The Singalila National park area has rare species like Red Panda and is a birder’s paradise.
Highest Point: Sandakphu, ~ 3636 m/11930ft & Phalut, 3600m/11800ft
||~ Easy To Moderate
||~ NJP Railway Station
||~ 9:00 AM from NJP station on 20th January'18
||~ By evening on 27th January'18
|NJP to Chitrey & Return
|Nights stay at Chitrey and Rimbik in rest house/lodge on sharing basis and food.
|Stay in Government Trekkers Hut on sharing basis stays within the trek.
|Permit fee for Singalila National Park.
|Leaders expertise & Guide charges.
|Travelling from Delhi till NJP And Return.
|Porter to carry personal luggage.
|Personal Expenses of any kind
Please Avoid Carrying Valuables & Ornaments
Call / SMS/ WhatsApp: +91-8425076272
THINGS TO CARRY:
- Shirts / T-shirts – 2/3, Warm shirt/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T shirt
- Trekking Pants that are water resistant/repellent and having inside lining for extra warmth- 2
- Windproof/water resistant outer shell (jacket) of good quality with a proper hood
- Down jacket with min 600 fill power rating, Thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper and lower)
- Woollen cap, Inner fleece gloves, Outer water proof gloves
- Thick woollen socks and regular socks (4 – 5 pairs), Scarf/muffler (optional)
- Comfortable waterproof Trekking/Hiking shoes that come with a thick sole and high ankles
- Cap / floppy hat to keep the strong sun away from your face, Sun glasses with UV protection and ability to cut the glare (important when traversing through snow)
- Sturdy walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
- Torch (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
Cancellations prior to 30days from the start of the event — 90% refund.
Cancellation before 15 days to the start of the event — 75% refund.
Cancellation a Week to the start of the event — 50% refund.
Cancellation a Day prior to the event — No refund.