Hello Friends, We Aberrant Wanderers are glad to invite you for Trek to Harishchandra Gadh via naalichi vaat on 14-15 Jan, 2016
Some information about the place:
Name:- Harishchandragad fort / Type: Hills/ Fort / Valley / Waterfall’s /Grade: Medium / Endurance Level: Medium / Elevation: apprx. 4765ft. / Base Village: Belpada / Coordinates:-19°23′18″N 73°46′33″E
Harishchandragad is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar district of India. Its history is linked with that of Malshej Ghat, kothale village and it has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region.
The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapuranainclude many references aboutHarishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty. The citadel was built during this era. The various caves probably have been carved out in the 11th century. In these caves are idols of Lord Vishnu. Though the cliffs are named Taramati and Rohidas, they are not related to Ayodhya. Great sage Changdev (one who created the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in the 14th century. The caves are from the same period. The various constructions on the fort and those existing the surrounding region point to the existence of diverse cultures here. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747.
What to see:- Taramati Peak (Second highest peak in Maharastra), Kedarshwar cave, Ganesh cave, Ancient Lord Shiva Temple, Massive half Circle cliff called kokankada, Indrawajra )
The itinerary for the trek will be as follows:
Meeting Point Kalyan Railway Station 21.45hrs 13-01-2017(We will be back to Mumbai on Sunday 15 Jan, 2017 by 4 PM tentatively.)
The cost for the trek will be INR 1800/- per head,
which includes Travelling from Kalyan to Kalyan by vehicle, 2 Breakfast , 1 Lunch and, 1 Dinner Evening Tea/Coffee + Guide and Expertise Charges.
· Traveling from Kalyan to Kalyan by private non a/c vehicle
· 2 Breakfast/Tea, 1 lunch,1 Dinner (all veg meal)
· All required equipment and safety gears.
· Leader’s expertise charges.
· Camera and Photography charges.
· Anything not specifically mentioned above.
· Lunch for Saturday (bring some ready eat)
For registration or queries,
Contact : 8425076272
Write to: email@example.com
FOR SMS Inquiry:
Please drop a message as “trek inquiry” at 8425076272, we will get back to you ASAP.
Things to Carry:
· Sweater/Jacket (Recommended)
· Camera, Cell Phone, Cap(Optional)
· Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
· Personal basic medical kit
· A haversack to put all these things
· Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits, Glucon-D etc
· Mattress and one Chadar (Compulsory)
· Good Quality torch with extra battery (Compulsory)
· Trekking/Sports shoes (Compulsory)
· Water bottle 2~3 Litter min
Let’s enjoy the nature in Wanderers style with rules and lots of fun
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
In the Name of: THE ABERRANT WANDERERS
ICICI Bank A/c No. 098405500572
IFSC Code: ICIC0000984
(Please drop a sms/mail after transaction to confirm your registration)