Trekगुरु : FireFlies Trek To Rajmachi, Lonavala
Date : 11 June 17 (LEAVING 10 June NIGHT)
Height : 2710 feet aprx
Region : Lonavala
Grade : Easy + +
What To Explore : Shrivardhan Fort, Manranjan Fort, Bhairavnath Temple, UdaySagar Lake & FireFlies at night
Cost : 1000 rs
Contact : Pravin 9821318848/9821465256
Rajmachi, located in the Lonavala region is accessible from both Karjat as well as Lonavala. The village of Udhewadi lies on the massive plateau that greets one on getting to Rajmachi. The twin forts of Srivardhan & Manaranjan grace the backdrop of the village.
A little distance down from the village lies a serene and beautiful lake called Uday Sagar Talav, no trek to Rajmachi is complete without taking a dip in this lake. Behind the lake lies an ancient Monolith, a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Fireflies : Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bio luminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glow-worms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
10th june, Saturday
Meeting point Lonavala Station 11:00 pm
08:30 pm - Dadar (Catch Dadar-Chennai Express)
09:05 pm - Kalyan
11:00 pm - Reach Lonavla. This is the final meeting point.
Move towards Rajmachi in a Jeep (16kms). (We may have to walk half the distance if it rains as the road to Rajmachi becomes too muddy to drive.)
11th June, Sunday
00:30 - Reach Rajmachi base and enjoy the night in the village.
Explore surroundings for Fireflies.
05:00 am - Wake up
05:30 am - Start trekking to Shrivardhan fort.
06:15 am - Reach Top & Explore
08:00 am - Reach back to our village homestay.
Get fresh and have breakfast
09:00 am - Start trekking to Manoranjan fort.
11:00 am - While coming back we will see Bhiaravnath Temple & Udaysagar lake
01:00 pm - Have lunch and take rest
02:30 pm - Start travelling back to Lonavla in a Jeep (We may have to walk half the distance if it rains as the road to Rajmachi becomes too muddy to drive).
04:30 pm - Catch “11008 Deccan Express” back to Mumbai.
The schedule above is flexible and produced to give an idea of the Trek.
Cost : Rs.1000
- Transport from Lonavla to Rajmachi and back in a Jeep
- Morning tea & breakfast
- Group Accommodation in village
- Guide & Trekगुरु charges.
1. Any personal expenses to reach Lonavla
2. Any other charges not mentioned above.
3. 10th june Dinner
Things To Be carried:-
Identity proof (must)
A bottle of water (atleast 3 Ltrs) (must)
Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (must)
Binocular, Camera, Cap, etc. (Optional)
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc
Medicine those if u require usually.
A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks
A haversack to put in all the things to be carried...
Pravin : 9821318848 / 9821465256
Payment Detail :-
To confirm his/her registration needs to deposit advance payment (500rs) into the following bank account (Please write your name in Remark or note )
Bank Account Details:
Bank Name: BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account ID: 20059830445
Account Type: Savings Bank Account
Account name: PRAVIN P. KAMBLE
Branch: BHOIWADA - MUMBAI
IFSC code: MAHB0000563
Do's, Dont' & Facts :-
- Telephonic confirmation is if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof (must)
- Rains showers are expected, so pack your bags accordingly.
- Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
- A proper two sided haversack to put all the things, So that one has hands free while trekking.
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- check ur railway timings according to ur location.
- we carry only First aid.
- This trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
- Cost Not Included Insurance, medical Coverage.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking. While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check-up done.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk.
- All activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident, mishap (including death) or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Trekगुरु reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited.
- Be a group. Its not a race.
- NO littering please...we are educated.
- The leader’s decision wil be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained. Sometimes we may to adjust as per the opinion of others.
- By registering or joining any of the event (Trekking, Camping, Rappelling, Leisure Trip) organized by Trekगुरु, it is assumed that you have read, understood & agreed to the Do's, Don'ts & Fact.