Midas : Kothaligad Fireflies special trek
Batch 1 : May 25-26
Batch 2 : June 01-02
Batch 3 : June 08-09
Height: 3100 feet
Time: Maximum 2.5 hrs
Base Village : Ambivali
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is thespecious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that make light.Silvery waterfalls, streams, lush green forests and meadows, in the thick of all this is a spectacle of Magical Fireflies in the most luminous way! Leave behind the city chaos and lose yourself to the mountains by spending some fun time with the glowing fireflies.
Meeting point: Saturday : Karjat Station at 11.20pm
Pune People : Travel by 07.50pm Kolhapur Ahmedabad express (11050 ). People from Chinchwad / Talegaon Catch 07.05pm local from respective station and reach Lonavala and board Kolhapur Ahmedabad express for Karjat.
Kolhapur Ahmedabad express -(11050)
07.50pm – Pune Staion
08.45pm – Lonavala
09.30pm – Karjat
Mumbai People Train Timing:
Catch Karjat fast Local
09:26pm : Mumbai CST
09:33pm : Byculla
09:40pm : Dadar
09:47pm : Kurla
09:51pm : Ghatkopar
10:03pm : Mulund
10:07pm : Thane
10:20pm : Dombivili
10:29pm : Kalyan
10:39pm : Ambernath
10:46pm : Badlapur
11:19pm : Karjat
Move to Ambivali village
Start Fireflies special night trek by 1.30am midnight
Enjoy Fireflies while ascending
Reach peth village by 3.30am
and to the top of fort by 4.30am
Rest till Sunrise. So carry a bedsheet / Shawl for rest
After Sunrise explore fort and move to peth village for breakfast.
Descend continue and reach karjat by 11.50am
Cost – Rs. 1050/- PP
It Includes :
Transport from Kasara to Kasara
Breakfast, Tea and Snacks
Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – [email protected]
Google Pay / PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
Pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet and then transfer it to our PayTM wallet / bank
Please send payment details to [email protected] / Whatsup-9370080086
Things to Carry :
– 3 liter water (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant.
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Shawl / Bedsheet for rest
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite for protection.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deodorant / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– No refund of advance amount.
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone (advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.