As monsoon continues, we continue our journey and our next destination is Peth Fort (Kothaligad).
The trail to this exotic fort is quite simple. Unlike Karnala we can reach the top of the pinnacle which is carved from inside forming staircase leading to the top. There is a huge cave, small temple and many water cisterns at the base of the pinnacle.
The cave and the temple carvings date back to the 13th century. Not much is known about the history until the 18th cent. In 1716, this cave was captured by the British. Then later on, on November 2, 1817, it was recaptured by the Marathas under the leadership of Bapurao who belonged to the generation after Bajirao. It was recaptured by the British, on December 30, 1817, the very next month, under Captain Brooks. The British had the fort till 1862 as an outpost for vigilance on the surrounding valley and the hills all around it.
Difficulty level: Easy
Meeting Point: Karjat Station @ 8:45 AM
Trek fees: Rs 250/-
Breakfast & Tea
Travelling from Karjat to the base & back.
Safety and other equipments required for the trek.
Participants must carry:
• 1 liter of water (at least)
• Packed Lunch
• Sun cap/Windcheater/Umbrella
• Extra pair of clothes (optional)
• Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes
• Good trekking shoes
• Haversack to put all your things, so that your hands are free (avoid sling bags)
• Camera (Optional)
• Medicines that you require usually. (optional)
• Electral/Tang powder/Glucone-D
• Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
• Trek fees does not include extra charges incurred by the participants for extra food, drinks, transportation, lodging, etc. apart from provided by Keen Venturers & Trekkers.
• Drinking and smoking is strictly Prohibited.
• The above given schedule may vary slightly or completely according to the circumstances then.
• Any kind of misbehavior with the organizers or participants will not be tolerated and such people will be expelled from the trek then and there.
For Registrations and Booking please contact:
# Kanwar 9619262722 / 9833272744
# Vinayak: 9869227389